Thursday, December 25, 2008

Update(1) on Disaster: Montreal Karate Club has gone up in smoke.


Update about the last post.


Hello to all,


I just wanted to update you all on the latest development, some of you on this email may not already be aware, but MKC was destroyed by fire last Tuesday, the Dojo must be rebuilt, all of the documents and most of Sensei’s memorandums, historic data, records are completely gone. Fortunately Sensei was is Japan when this occurred. I spoke to him last night and described in detail to give him a mental image of what to expect. He is unsure how long he will remain in Japan, I informed him that we will be taking care of business during his absence, and not to worry too much, and he can take his time coming back.


Next Monday, tentatively, we will be able to return to the Dojo to collect anything that is salvageable, there is not that much left, but still we will store all his personal affects in a safe place until he get up and running again. What is needed is for all of you to send me all contact information of all our past and present student’s seeing that all is lost and we must start from scratch, if you have any contact information Names, telephone numbers, addresses, emails ect…, we will compile a new list so once we get going again we could contact everyone.


Seasons Greetings to all, have a great Holiday Season.


George


Hello dear colleagues and friends,


This is a real nightmare .I have prepared a table with all the coordinates I have of our colleagues and friends of the MKC so that we can start with something in order to stay in touch.I hope this will be helpful.Paulo, thank you very very much for having the courage to call Sensei yesterday.Should we plan a meeting during the coming days ?I undestand Paulo and Lina will spend the next week in Florida and thus Paulo will be reachable as of January 2nd. Paulo : have a great time. I also understand that Bruno is the person in contact with the Fire department and the owner.


Thank you very much Bruno.


I look forward to seeing all of you shortly.

I wish you a nice and happy and quiet Christmas time.

Very truly yours,

HAI


Thank you Hai,


Bruno has placed a poster at the front door for those showing up at the Dojo asking them to call me (Georges) on my cell for any information.Hope to see you all soon.


George

No comments: