Saturday, December 27, 2008

Update(2) on Disaster: Montreal Karate Club has gone up in smoke.

First, a nice word from one of our Norway friends.

Le 08-12-27, à 06:33, Yngvar Åge Nilsen a écrit :

Dear all karate friends

I was shocked when I recieved the news about the fire in honbu dojo in Montreal. I don’t know what to say or how to express my feelings as it is sad news.

Visiting the dojo several times and meeting many of the great students to Watanabe sensei I am shure this case will be taken care of to the best for Watanabe, Shorinryu and all his students.

My best wishes to all of you and thanks for all the information. Hope to see you againe next year.

Regards from Ylla


Then some news from our dear Sensei who spoke by phone with our dear friend Hai.

Very dear friends,

I just spoke to Sensei: he is still very shocked and has difficulty to sleep.For I unsuccessfully tried to reach him yesterday, Sensei told me he called some of you to find out who tried to call him !I told him that the dojo phone number has been forwarded to Georges 's cell phone and Sensei was pleased to know that.

I also mentionned to him that we may be able to have a look inside the school sometime next week but that this still has to be confirmed since the whole thing is still under investigation.

At least Sensei is with his family; they are preparing the coming of the New Year following the japanese tradition.Sensei was at his Sensei's dojo yesterday for the last training of the year.

This is it for the time being.
Take care.Very truly yours,

HAI

P.S. Sensei stays at his brother in law 's place (Mr Ohuchida)
P.P.S. Please find attached the latest version of the list of names I have updated thanks to Serge Lemieux (updates are in green-dec27th2008 version)


Last but not least news: The dojo phone number will be forwarded to Georges 's cell phone on monday 29.
Previous updates here and here.

No comments: